Hi. I’m Rebecca.
I am a professional writer and content marketer who helps coaches, brands, and entrepreneurs develop powerful brand messaging.
I help you gain authority, take ownership over your reputation, and connect with potential customers in a genuine way.
By providing a creative marketing plan, thoughtfully-crafted content, and a unique voice that fits the brand, I help my clients become more profitable.
My clients are running companies of their own and don’t have time to craft a polished blog, book, or marketing strategy. They’re experts in their fields: physicians, botanists, health and relationship coaches, nutritionists, and health companies. They don’t have time to write blog posts, keep up with social media, develop effective e-newsletters, or keep their websites a continuously-updated customer magnet.
I have a decade of experience as a writer and researcher. I have written for CityScene Magazine, SoNourished, Nanny Magazine, TweakYourBiz, Abbott Nutrition, Harness Magazine, Nationwide Insurance, and many more.
I have a background in marketing and a knack for all things creative, including sharp copy, imagery, and design.
I run on six core values.
I believe in getting to know you as a client and becoming a valuable part of your team. I embrace the unique voice of the humans behind your brand to rally an invested audience around your cause.
We have a responsibility to spread accurate information. Scholarly research is in everything I do, and everything I write can be backed up by the researchers and scientists who change our understanding of the truth.
My first priority is your success. By communicating clearly and honestly, we make better decisions that’s right for everyone.
A clear vision is essential for a coherent message. I believe in having a plan but not being afraid to act on creative sparks.
I take my promises seriously. I deliver thoughtful, quality-crafted work my clients feel proud of.
Call me a ray of sunshine, but I love bringing a sense of lightheartedness to my work. I believe that having a sense of humor helps us see the forest through the trees, avoid sweating the small stuff, and solve challenges with creativity and skill.
A Brief History of Rebecca McCusker
- I considered myself a professional writer when I was six. (That’s how much I love this stuff.)
- I graduated from The Ohio State University with a degree in Creative Writing and Strategic Communication.
- I founded and led a city-wide writer’s workshop for four years called PROSA: Workshop for Writers, a place for writers to practice and improve their writing with a support group of other writers of all backgrounds and levels of experience.
- I fell in love with nutrition science and health when I worked as Editor & Copy Manager for Abbott Nutrition (Similac, Ensure, PediaSure, Pedialyte). I wrote and edited e-newsletters, social posts, and web pages with a goofy, whip-smart team of creatives I’m still friends with today.
- There’s no better way to spend a summer night than at a campfire with a guitar in hand.
- I’ve always been into photography, and I love bringing my camera when I visit my marketing clients. I typically end up with more than 200 pictures worth of marketing fodder.
- I believe that no matter what professions we choose, we’re always in a “helping profession”. It is a delicious honor to help others with our talent and skills.
I want my clients to know:
I’m on your team.
I only work with companies that I’m 100 percent excited about – that I believe in, that I cheer on, and that I firmly believe can benefit from my skills and creative vision.
You’ll notice that I use “we” language. Your goals become my goals. I become your right-hand-writer – intimate with your story, challenges, goals, and voice.
Check out my Services Page to find out how I can help your business gain authority, manage your online reputation, and genuinely connect with potential customers.